Skype therapy… when going to see a counsellor, you might find it hard to make the right choices based on your needs.
Often times, one of the biggest challenges that you face stems from time. If you find that it’s hard to make time to go and see a counsellor in person, have you considered the use of Skype therapy?
Skype therapy is a very powerful and effective way to make sure that you can get the help that you need. If you are serious about utilising the art of Skype therapy, then it might be time to take action. Looking for a Psychologist London ?
What is skype therapy?
Put simply, it’s a therapy session with a counsellor held via Skype. Skype, if you are not aware, is a Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) tool, among the most commonly used in the world. It allows you to take voice and video chats through the web, meaning that you can get the same effect of talking to a counsellor through this method.
It offers you the chance to get face-to-face treatment without having to make that arduous drive to the therapy session itself. Whether you are travelling for business, lack the physical capacity to get there or simply lack the self-belief to head out in public, you’ll find that this works perfectly.
Skype therapists are a very popular form of treatment, and can help you to get the help that you need. Working with an accreditor counselor through a private video or voice chat allows for you to get the help that you desire without having to leave the house.
So long as you have access to a Skype account, which is entirely free, you can carry out this kind of treatment. Then, you can use a tablet, smartphone, laptop or PC with a webcam and microphone attached to have a chat.
This is a very popular form of treatment today, with many people using it because they simply lack the self-belief to head out to the therapy session themselves. If you feel like this, then you should consider undergoing a session like this – why, though?
- One of the most convincing reasons that we can give for using Skype therapy is that it can help you to get a private meeting without leaving the house. This can give you all the help that you need to feel a bit more comfortable about the experience.
- You can get the help that you like from a comfortable location. If you feel at your most comfortable personally at home, then why put yourself out of your comfort zone and lessen the quality of the counselling that you get due to uncertainty?
- Without any kind of travel cost, you can reduce the financial investment needed to get help. Many people find that getting there is more expensive than the session itself, so you reduce one of the largest costs associated with undergoing counselling.
- Got kids? You might keep putting off therapy because you find it very hard to leave them at home or get someone to watch the kids. This means that you can watch them at home, further reducing the cost of undergoing therapy.
- If you are travelling, you now no longer need to go without the crutch of being able to turn to your counsellor. This makes it much easier for you to get the help that you need, avoiding undoing the good work done in therapy by being away from home.
- Skype is encrypted, meaning that you have no reason to fear that your conversations and discussions could be intercepted, increasing general self-comfort.
The benefits of skype therapy.
Among the factors that we mentioned above, we also wanted to raise a bit of awareness about why this is so important. Some of the best online therapy is all about giving you convenience and putting you in an environment that allows you to be at your most comfortable. It’s very easy to feel like you are too busy for therapy; this proves otherwise.
Now, you can do this when you finish at night, meaning no more days off from work to try and fit in an appointment. Whether you are limited by geography, time or physical capacity you can get the treatment you need. This helps you to feel like the answers to the problems that you face just became much easier to actually access.
It also removes the stigma of having to say you are getting therapeutic treatment. From being anxious about being seen in the office to telling your boss that you are getting treatment, this helps to remove the (needless) stigma about taking part in a therapy session.
With that in mind, then, is it actually worth your time taking part in therapy like this? Does Skype therapy actually work, or is it a ruse?
Is skype therapy right for me?
It almost certainly will be a benefit for you – if you come in with the right frame of mind. Seeing Skype therapy is lesser therapy is the first mistake that you may make, and this can make it increasingly hard to get anything out of the therapy in the first place.
Studies, though, show that being able to get help online can offer the same kind of benefits, and scope of benefits, as you would get from face-to-face therapy sessions held together. It’s a very effective form of therapy, so don’t dismiss as being any less than the real thing.
From reducing panic attacks and anxiety to helping you overcome sexual and relationship-based issues there is no reason why this form of treatment should be seen as diminished or limited. Online therapy works, so long as you approach therapy with a desire to find peace and comfort.
Hoxton Therapy notice: Never act on any advice given in these articles or videos. Always seek professional help from us before acting on anything you read or watch on this website.