Instant Availability please call before booking
Dr Atkinson’s has been a Dr of Pshychology in London for the past 6 years and her approach is integrative which is tailored to suit you as an individual person with unique needs. Dr Atkinson offers both longer-term individual psychotherapy for adults, whilst not forgetting shorter term clients also. Dr Atkinson is a fully qualified, accredited (HCPC, BPS) and experienced Clinical Psychologist. Dr Atkinson can help you explore the issues you are presenting with, but also helping you understand what is holding you back from leading a much more fuller life.
Dr Atikinson will generally use: Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Schema Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing which is very good at helping treat post-traumatic stress, obsessive behaviours, panic attacks, phobias and to process past experiences such as childhood trauma and abuse etc…Mindfulness is used to learn to disengage from unhelpful thought patterns which often maintain depression and anxiety.
Psychology, depending on who you ask, can be one of many different things. Psychology is typically the study of the mind, of human behaviour and of how we relate to our day-to-day experiences.
Psychology plays a part in every decision that we make, every reaction that we provide and every concept we grasp. It looks into everything from how the brain functions, to how someone develops as they grow and age into maturity.
The more we can learn about the general structure of the mind, the more that we can do to prepare for a safer future for all. One question that you might have is why you should decide to see a psychologist. Is it for you? Are you looking for a London Psychologist ?
Do I need to visit a Psychologist?
- A psychologist is usually someone to see when you cannot find the answers to your own dilemmas.
- They tend to give you the opportunity to delve deeper into a mental health difficulty that you find yourself or simply to try and make sense of your day-to-day life.
- It’s a useful form of treatment for everything from depression and anxiety to understanding everything from PTSD and CPTSD
- From identifying major problems that hold you back to helping you adjust bad behavioural mistakes, you can find it’s much easier to change and grow with a psychologist.
- When you reach a certain stage in life where you need treatment, you might need more than just an ear to listen. A psychologist offers more than just someone to talk to.
- As professionals, they understand the problems you face better than the average person. This allows them to utilise their expertise in human behaviour to help you grow.
- Psychologists can help you to deal with life problems, using coping techniques to help make sure you are closer to achieving personal and professional goals.
Whether you are suffering from a stressful situation or you feel like you are majorly lacking in self-belief, you will find that a trip to a psychologist makes sense. It can give you the edge needed to get over the problems that you face, and give you the answers needed to make the most of yourself personally and professionally. If you cannot deal with a problem and you feel like you need more than a pep talk, consider investing some time into talking with a psychologist to delve deeper and find a genuine solution.
Hoxton Therapy notice: Never act on any advice given in these articles or videos. Always seek professional help from us before acting on anything you read or watch on this website.